Filter Spare Parts & Assemblies
A filter is a device that is used for separating two elements. The process of filter is called filtration. Filtration has several techniques and methods. Filtration is different from sieving. A sieve is a single layer barrier, that stops large particles to pass, whereas filtration has multi-layered barriers that prevent the unwanted materials to pass through. The filter component suppliers have an extensive spread of customers in different segments of the market.
A filter in a chemistry lab is a medium through which solids and liquids are separated. This medium allows the liquid to flow through, but not the solids. Then again, a semi-permeable paper called filter paper creates a barrier for solid particles present in liquid and air.
A domestic application of filtration is generally seen for the purification of water. Also, a utensil is used for sieving out filter grounds present in liquid coffee, commonly known as a coffee filter.
In different manufacturing industries, filters have an important role to play. Therefore, there are several filtering machines with different functions and designs, those are used for filtration purpose.
The interchangeable parts of a machine are called spare parts. These parts are in general stocked in the inventory for future repairing purposes. Spare parts can be distinguished from each other in various ways.
Spare parts that take a longer time to get replaced, if failed, are called capital spare parts. The parts of the machine which are repairable are called repairable parts. These repairable spares bear an economic value since they can be used for a longer time. Consumable spare parts, on the other hand, are of less economic value, for it needs a complete replacement rather than repairing.
Filter media manufacturers follow a larger supply chain management for these are very much demanded items. Spare parts are required in almost every manufacturing companies and that too in bulk quantities.
Different Types of Filters
The range offered by the filter press manufacturers and suppliers is designed according to the elements that need to be filtered. Different forms of filters are as follows –
- Filter Assembly: A high-performance filtering element along with a filter house together consists of a filter assembly. In specified designs, it also includes devices that monitor differential pressure and bypass valves. The filter assembly has an inlet port through which the system fluid enters and then passes through the filter element.
- Filter Media: A filter media might be anything, like a sand bed, shredded tires, peat, crushed glass, foam, crushed granite, anthracite etc. These filter media is mostly used in the oil and gas industry for upstream operations and downstream operations.
- Filter Press: A tool that is mainly used for separating solid and liquid is called an industrial filter press. Filtration is done by different elements stacked by the machine. This form of filters is used in marble factories for separating water from mud.
- Filter Bags: Filter bags possesses the filtration capacity of 1micron to 100micron. The filter bags reduce downstream contamination and eliminates the cost of waste disposal. Industrial filter bags come with much more reliability and efficiency.
- Activated Carbon Filters: This type of filters is mainly used for the purification of gases. These filters are designed with a bed of activated charcoal. The charcoal bed filters the gases that pass through and help to withstand volatile organic compounds.
- Stainless Steel Filter: This form of filter is much more worth it, for it is resistant to corrosion and high temperature. These filters are mostly used in industries like petroleum, machine manufacturing, chemical etc.
Filter machines and their spare assemblies are also traded beyond the national boundaries too. Exporters of filter spare parts face demands from overseas as well.